Direct from Copenhagen, Denmark - 15th United Nations Climate Change Conference - (8 – 18 December '09)

Acting as the official High Tide COP15 envoy, distinguished ecological artist Aviva Rahmani will be immersing herself in the burgeoning eco-political activism in the city and sharing her experiences with us via this daily blog.

Why not get involved and join in dialogue with her? Log-on to share your views! This is the gathering storm…

Produced in association with FACT

Tuesday 15 December 2009

Can Haste Make Waste when time is of the essence?

I love 350.org: www.350.org/vigil-vid
The magic number of 350 is critical.

But the devil is in the details. I worry about adequate oversight in allocations.
I worry about vague language based on differing carbon emissions models.
I worry about adequate transparency.
I worry about small successful programs becoming engulfed in flashier ones with better photo ops but less track record.
I worry about all the ways movements have tripped on ourselves in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment